December Master Class with Daniel Ulbricht - watch the video!
New Dance School Studio Opening and Dedication – take a look at the slideshow!
There’s a place for everyone at the JCC Dance School!
No JCC membership required! Open to all: pre-school through adults.
As one of Westchester’s most respected programs, we offer classes for kids, teens and adults at all levels of training in: Ballet, Pointe, Pas de deux, Modern, Contemporary, Hip-Hop, Tap, Musical Theatre Jazz, Argentine Tango, Israeli Folk Dance, and Zumba. Choose from menu at left to view class schedules and fees.
- Pianists accompanying most ballet classes
- Professional dance faculty
- Positive, supportive approach to develop strong, injury-free dancers and confident individuals.
- Emphasis on a life-long appreciation of the art of dance, body awareness, self-discipline.
Many JCC Dance School students have gone on to careers with professional dance companies, including American Ballet Theatre, New York City Ballet, Joffrey Ballet, Broadway, Atlanta Ballet, Carolina Ballet, Norwegian National Ballet, and more.
Performance and Dance Concert Opportunities
Opportunities to perform are offered through our Dance Outreach program during the school year for intermediate and advanced ballet, tap, and hip-hop dancers. Ballet students in Levels 1 through 5, as well as hip-hop and tap workshop students, are encouraged to perform in our highly-regarded Westchester Theatre of Dance Annual Spring Concert. Participation is optional – no student is required to perform. There is an additional fee for production and costume expenses for all participants in the dance concert.
Westchester Theatre of Dance
Westchester Theatre of Dance (WTD) is the performance company of the JCC Dance School. Our dancers learn the creative process of choreography from beginning to end, as well as the immeasurable experience of performing on stage. Guest choreographers and performers from New York City take part in our annual dance concert as well.
WTD Annual Performance – 2015 Save the Date!
A dance concert for children of all ages: Saturday, March 21 and Sunday, March 22
Parent’s Observation Week
Parents and other family members are invited to watch student in dance classes during December 8-13, 2014, and May 11-16, 2015.
Private dance lessons may be arranged upon request. Please contact Jayne Santoro, Dance School Director, 914-472-3300, ext 320.
Limited Scholarships available through a grant from The Elaine Finsilver Endowment Fund, and the Maria Jones Scholarship Fund; call x320 for details.
Dance School Instructors
- Uri Aqua
- Catherine Barribal
- Gina Bugatti
- Angelo LaRoche
- Kerri LuBell
- Michelle Lucci
- Stephanie Knox Madera
- Camille Rodriguez
- Arleigh Rothenberg
- Flavio Salazar
- Jayne Santoro
- Jessica Danser Schwartz
- Justin Sherwood
- Laura Solow
- Jimmy Tate
- Anika Tifft
- Mimi Wallace
- Alla Borzova
- Miles Fusco
- Debbie Kaplan
- Saul Spangenberg
- Bill Zucker
- The Dance School has three (3) air-conditioned studios with non-skid floors and dressing rooms for both boys and girls (with lockers).
- The JCC is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Pianists are scheduled for most ballet classes.
- NO refunds after first class unless there is a medical reason (doctor’s note is necessary).
- Regular attendance is important. Please call 914-472-3300 x320 in case of anticipated absence.
- No jewelry or gum permitted in class.
- Classes cancelled due to inclement weather may be made up at the end of the session.
- Payment plans must be completed by 12/31/14.
- Enrollment is ongoing. Classes may be pro-rated.
- The Dance School prides itself on the careful placement of each student into the appropriate level of dance class.
- Students new to the school must be evaluated for placement.
- All students are expected to arrive on time for class. The beginning of class is an essential part of warm-up. Lateness is also disruptive to others in the class. Students arriving more than 10 minutes late will only be permitted to observe.
- Students remain in appropriate class until the instructor determines that they are ready to move to the next level.
- Ballet students in Level 2 and up usually remain in their assigned level for a minimum of two years.
Class Cards for Adults:
- 10-class card rate is $170.
- Adult single class rate is $22 per class.
- Class cards, available at the JCC front desk, are for adult classes only as indicated (*) next to class listings.
- No one under age 18 may use a class card.
Jayne Santoro, Dance School Director
firstname.lastname@example.org 914-472-3300, x320
Jane Summer, Assistant to the Director
email@example.com 914-472-3300, x349