We enrich Families, connect Friends, and strengthen Community in order to help people lead joyful lives.
Our goal is to have a positive impact on the community, while following these guiding principles.
- On our own and in partnership with other organizations, create classes, events and programs of excellence that educate, inform, challenge and engage people of all ages – from newborns to seniors – and strive to make these programs available to everyone through financial support where needed;
- Approach our work and programs through a Jewish lens, cherish our Jewish values and traditions, convene the diverse opinions and beliefs of the community, and welcome everyone, staff and patrons alike, without regard to race, religion or sexual orientation; We are aware that fiscal responsibility is key to maintaining the level of excellence that we expect of ourselves;
- Understand and support the important role of Tzedakah (charity) and Tikkan Olam (Repairing the World) and the need to model and teach these values to future generations;
- Appreciate health and wellness and understand the importance of strengthening and caring for our bodies, nourishing our souls and challenging our minds;
- Recognize the essential role that the Westchester synagogues play in the community and work with these entities for the greater betterment of the community; while at the same time acknowledging Jews who are choosing to be unaffiliated with synagogues, and those in interfaith families who are searching for a Jewish communal home other than through a religious affiliation;
- Value the peace of the Sabbath and the beauty of Jewish holidays and support that they can be marked by people in different ways;
- Support the State of Israel and educates the community about Israel’s land, government, and people;
- Serve, respect and offer guidance to the members of our community with special needs and all of those in need;
- Value the role that the arts and culture have in enriching our lives;
- Respect the environment and acknowledge that natural resources can be rare and valuable;
- Engender community support, loyalty among our patrons and offer a safe and secure environment for our families.