Time Management and Study Skills for High School Sophomores and Juniors
Procrastination? Poor study habits? Just in time for end of year exams, this workshop will provide students the tools to become efficient and effective learners in high school and beyond.
Students will learn:
- How to use their time efficiently
- How to stay organized and accountable (to themselves!)
- How to plan for long-term assignments and tests
- Strategies for note-taking, synthesizing, conceptualizing and making meaningful connections.
- Setting long and short-term goals, and following through.
- Skills to be successful in college
Class limited to 12 students
Workshop leader: Bettina Weil is the founder of Weil College Advising, a college consulting firm based in Westchester, NY. She has 14 years of experience and coached hundreds of students on their college applications. Bettina earned a masters degree in Social Work from Columbia University. She previously worked as Director of College Programs at a non-profit organization and at the State University of New Work
Red Cross Babysitter Certification Class
Postponed. Date TBD
Price is per student and includes all course materials.
This class will provide youth who are planning to babysit with the knowledge and skills necessary to safely and responsibly give care for children and infants. This training will teach participants to:
- Respond to emergencies with first aid, rescue breathing and more
- Make good decisions under pressure
- Communicate effectively with parents
- Recognize safety and hygiene issues
- Manage young children
- Feed, diaper and care for infants
- Start your babysitting business
The course is recommended for 11-year-olds and up. Space is limited!
The class includes a 30-minute break for lunch. Participants should bring a bagged, nut-free, kosher-style lunch. Students CANNOT leave the building