Volunteers help JCCMW more effectively achieve its mission. You can make a difference by giving your time. JCCMW provides Westchester teens, adults and families with numerous volunteer opportunities and community service projects that meet needs of our neighbors, build community connections, provide professional skill building while enhancing leadership qualities. Through community service and our volunteer programs, we can live the Jewish value of Tikkun Olam (Repairing the World). From helping in a specific program, department or executing a social action project, there are countless ways to get involved and make a difference in our Westchester community! Below are just some of the ways that our volunteers have found meaningful service experiences.
- Special Needs Programs – volunteer in a specific program based on your interest and availability (ages 12+)
- After School Program – POSTPONED TO FALL 2021 volunteer to assist our staff with engagement our particpants (ages 16+)
- Summer Camp Programs – work with summer camp children or use skills to lead an activity (ages 16+)
- Nursery School/Toward Tomorrow – volunteer to read a story, intern for a semester, join the PTA or help with matzah making (ages 16+)
- Dance School – volunteer in a youth class, sew or support the theater staff by helping with their creative costumes & scenery
- Adult Programs- volunteer to use your expertise and execute a lecture or program
- Administrative/Office/Fundraising – help out with fundraising support or administrative tasks in our JCCMW offices
- Become a Member of the Judaic Committee – help keep Jewish values and programming a focus of JCCMW
- Aquatics/Stingrays Swim Team- help out at a swim meet
- Gymnastics/Gems Team – help out at a competition
- Unique Grant Supported or Holiday Programs – JTech Coaches & more
- Supported individual b’nei mitzvah or confirmation community service projects
Please reach out to join in supporting our community and the Jewish value of Tikkun Olam (repair of the world). Please follow this link to register as a volunteer and let us know of your interests and availability. Background checks may be required depending on the department selected for volunteering. Our Community Engagement Director will reach out upon receipt of your registration.
Volunteer Inquiry Process
- Potential volunteer completes the registration form.
- JCCMW Community Engagement Director reaches out via email to provide the volunteer application form and the JCCMW’s volunteer manual, and to schedule a zoom informational meeting to learn about your interests, availability & preferences
- Informational zoom meeting & submission of volunteer application form. Click here for the application form.
- Volunteer placement (departments may have additional required paperwork)
For more information email Mara Roberge at email@example.com