Volunteers help JCCMW more effectively achieve its mission. You can make a difference by giving your time. JCCMW provides Westchester teens, adults and families with numerous volunteer opportunities and community service projects that meet needs of our neighbors, build community connections, provide professional skill building while enhancing leadership qualities. Through community service and our volunteer programs, we can live the Jewish value of Tikkun Olam (Repairing the World). From helping in a specific program, department or executing a social action project, there are countless ways to get involved and make a difference in our Westchester community! Below are just some of the ways that our volunteers have found meaningful service experiences.
- Special Needs Programs – volunteer in a specific program based on your interest
and availability (ages 12+)
- Special Needs Buddy Connect – volunteer to mentor and socialize with a child with special needs at their home, under parental supervision, 1x/month (ages 15+)
- JTutor – volunteer to help a child, K-5th grade, once a week for 30 minutes with homework and/or reading help.
- Summer Camp & School Break Week Camp Programs – work with summer camp children or use skills to lead
an activity (ages 16+)
- Dance School – volunteer in a youth class, sew or support the theater staff by
helping with their creative costumes & scenery
- Adult Programs– volunteer to use your expertise to execute a lecture/program or
volunteer in an adult education program such as JTech Coaches
- Administrative/Office/Fundraising – help out with fundraising support or
administrative tasks in our JCCMW offices
- Become a Member of the Judaic Committee – help keep Jewish values and
programming a focus of JCCMW
- Aquatics/Stingrays Swim Team– help out at a swim meet
- Gymnastics – help out at a team competition or volunteer in a youth class to serve as a 1:1 assistant for a child needing additional support
- Unique Grant Supported or Holiday Centric Social Action Projects
- Supported individual b’nei mitzvah or confirmation community service projects
Please reach out to join in supporting our community and the Jewish value of Tikkun Olam (repair of the world). Please follow this link to register as a volunteer and let us know of your interests and availability. Background checks may be required depending on the department selected for volunteering. Our Community Engagement Director will reach out upon receipt of your registration.
Volunteer Inquiry Process
- Potential volunteer completes the registration form.
- JCCMW Community Engagement Director reaches out via email to provide the volunteer application form and the JCCMW’s volunteer manual, and to schedule a zoom informational meeting to learn about your interests, availability & preferences
- Informational zoom meeting & submission of volunteer application form. Click here for the application form.
- Volunteer placement (departments may have additional required paperwork)
For more information email Mara Roberge at email@example.com