Volunteers help JCCMW more effectively achieve its mission. You can make a difference by giving your time. Below are some of the ways that volunteers can help us.
JCCMW Departments Utilizing Volunteers
- Dance – sew or support the theater staff by helping with their creative costumes & scenery
- Special Needs – volunteer in a specific program based on your interest and availability
- After School Program – volunteer to assist our staff with engagement our particpants
- Nursery School – volunteer to read a story, join the PTA or help with matzah making
- Connections – volunteer on Tuesdays and/or Thursdays at our adult programs or use your expertise and execute a lecture or program yourself
- Arts & Talks – volunteer to help with an event
- Administrative – help out with administrative tasks in our JCCMW offices
- Become a member of the cultural committee – help select books, films, and/or speakers that you would be interested in seeing at the JCC
- Aquatics/Stingrays – help out at a swim meet
- Gymnastics/Gems – help out at a competition
Please reach out to join in supporting our community and the Jewish value of tikkun olam (repair of the world). Please follow the link below to register as a volunteer and let us know of your interests and availability. Background checks may be required depending on the department selected for volunteering.
The JCC provides Westchester teens with numerous volunteer opportunities that provide professional skill building while enhancing leadership qualities. Through community service and our volunteer programs, teens can live the Jewish value of Tikkun Olam (Repairing the World). From helping in a specific program, department or executing a social action project, there are countless ways to get involved and make a difference in our Westchester community!
Teen volunteers serve in various roles at the JCCMW:
- After School Program (ages 16+) POSTPONED TO FALL 2021
- Special Needs Enrichment Programs (ages 12+)
- Specialty Department or Teams
- Administrative or Office
- Unique Grant Supported Programs (JTech Team & JTech Cohort)
JTech Team – A new STEM volunteer cohort that will plan and execute an up-cycling build of a large Chanukiah. This cohort will be led by STEM and JCCMW professionals to meet virtually to plan the project. The team will build the Chanukiah in the late fall to be dedicated during Chanukah 2020.
JTech Cohort – A new STEM volunteer cohort that will serve our adult/senior community by utilizing their technology expertise. This team will lead a 3 part technology help session in the spring of 2021 and create a blog to connect inter-generational members of the JCCMW community.