Have you moved or are planning to move from Israel to Westchester County? Your presence enriches our community, and we are here to support your journey. We will be continuously updating this list of resources to help you and your family through this transition.
- What’s App Group: Our JAFI delegation and local volunteers have organized a group for all recently arrived Israeli families. We especially hope to build connections and provide support that will help make the sudden transition to life in Westchester a bit easier. Join our group to learn about Hebrew-speaking meetups and playdates, and feel free to ask, in real time, any and all questions you might have about the Westchester community.
Enrichment and Recreation
- JCCMW: We offer dance classes for adults, including ballet, tap, jazz, flamenco, belly dancing, and more. Lap swim and open and family swim are available at our pool. Our Nursery School has limited spots open in our Twos class at our White Plains location and our Fours class at our main location. Financial assistance is available; for more information, please contact [email protected].
- JCCMW’s Modern Hebrew Library: The JCCMW houses a lending library for books written in Hebrew for adults and children.
- Shames JCC on the Hudson: We offer a range of enriching programs for adults 55+, including lecture series, arts and culture classes, dance and wellness programs, and more. For children, we have robust extracurriculars with limited spots available. We are proud to offer a wide range of inclusive and specialized programs for individuals with varying special needs and their families. Lap swim, family swim, and open gym is available in our pool and gymnasium.
- Hope Community Services: Food pantry, kosher delivery, etc.
- Cabrini Immigrant Services: Adult education, info, and referrals.
- United Way: Health, education, job training.
- The Child & Family Institute: To assist those affected by the crisis in Israel, The Child & Family Institute is offering free, short-term virtual counseling. To schedule an appointment please email them directly at [email protected].
- Ohel: Call (718) 686-3255 to schedule an appointment for mental health services. Hebrew-speaking counselors are available.
- Westchester Disabled on the Move: Housing advocacy, health care assistance, help for disabled individuals, etc. Call (914) 968-4717
- WJCS: Access free mental-health help in Westchester (in English).
- Westchester Jewish Coalition for Immigration: WJCI offers temporary housing and community connections, including invitations to Shabbat dinners, community events, rides and carpools, play dates and supermarkets, and Target and Amazon gift cards. We have community members ready to step up and help! Please email [email protected] for more information.
- Westchester Residential Opportunities: Fair housing, rental opportunities, and housing assistance.
- Empire Justice Center
- Hudson Valley Justice Center
- Legal Services of the Hudson Valley
- Make the Road New York
These services are being offered by partner agencies in Westchester, and the JCCMW encourages individuals to reach out to determine if and how these organizations can be a support during these difficult and transitional times.